Coach Practitioner Level (EMCC)
Who is it for?
This Coach Practitioner qualification has been accredited with the EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council) at the Practitioner (EQA) level. It is ideal for anyone involved in coaching/mentoring – whether it’s just one part of your role or it’s your main function.
- distinguishes you as a professional coach/mentor, working to rigorous and demanding standards
- provides assurance for users/buyers of coaching/mentoring services of your competence and ability
- raises your personal credibility and professionalism
- demonstrates you are continually developing and always improving your coaching/mentoring ability
- raises the credibility and standards of our profession
- provides more than a qualification – it recognises that you are able to apply good practice in coaching/mentoring
- provides a framework for your personal development.
The course is approximately 9 months in length and involves / includes:
- 5 workshops over 10 days
- virtual group supervision after each module
- personal tutor
- 36 hours coaching practice
- reflective practice
- coaching assessment
- undertaking co-supervision
- learning portfolio submission
- access to online learning resources
Workshop outputs – practitioner level
Module 1: Foundation coaching skills
- Develop core coach competencies
- Understand the key skills and models for coaching and be able to apply these in a coaching relationship
- Define coaching and understand the range of coaching styles
- Understand the boundaries for a coaching relationship and how to contract effectively
- Explore the importance of supervision within coaching
- Learn to self-reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching, and plan for new learning.
Module 2: Creating insights
- Exploring your vision and identity as a coach; understanding your signature strengths and areas of focus
- Becoming more self aware and emotionally intelligent as a coach
- Learning to self evaluate performance and ways of being as a coach
- Helping clients develop emotional intelligence and personal insight
- Exploring a number of different concepts and tools which generate personal insights in others and enable personal change.
Module 3: Applied positive psychology in coaching
- Understand different tools, concepts and approaches from Positive Psychology and how these can be used to impact learning and performance
- Helping a system and clients to become more resilient and have more of a strengths based focus
- Working with purpose and meaning
- Using transpersonal tools and techniques to create deep awareness and personal change.
Module 4: Coaching leaders
- Understand key leadership models and frameworks
- Explore models, tools and concepts for effective leadership development
- Experience practical tools and techniques which are congruent with developing leaders
- Enabling leaders to create a vision for their leadership, to think strategically, to problem solve
- Coaching leaders in transition
Coach integration day
- be assessed on your current level of coaching capability
- participate in group supervision
- reflect on development throughout the programme, identifying key strengths and future focus for practitioner development including supervision
- review certification requirements.
About the EMCC
The EMCC is the European Mentoring and Coaching Council. It exists to develop, promote and set the expectation of best practice in mentoring and coaching across Europe and beyond, for the benefit of society.
EMCC EQA Award
Our programmes are accredited by the EMCC European Quality Award (EQA). This is the benchmark quality standard for mentoring/coaching training programmes – it ensures that successful students meet the research-based competence standards presented in the EMCC Competency Framework.
Important for all applicants
If you have successfully completed a training programme provided by an EMCC EQA Provider, you do not automatically receive a European Individual Accreditation (EIA) award. You do, however, qualify for a simplified, less costly application process, using the EIA v2 application for EQA certificate holding applicants (assuming you are applying at the same level of your training or lower AND the certificate was received within 2 years prior to the date of your EIA application submission). For more information, please visit the EMCC website.
If you’d like more information about our Coach Practitioner course, please contact us today.